Umesh Reclusa hominid indica
Hi, 
My DNA is getting upgraded from 4x to 30x by Dante (#EU12929W). Results expected in 8 weeks. I was wondering whether the mt DNA, which may be helpful in Haplotyping and Genealogy analysis is sequenced to some extent, along with 30x WGS? I came across an old ad for Dante Labs, which had mentioned mtDNA. I wonder, whats the position now.
Quote 0 0
Madelon
I had 30x coverage WGS done (results received October 2019) already and didn't receive mtDNA data with my analysis.

I noted as well the mtDNA was previously included with part of sequencing offers on the webpage but vanished at some point, I twice contacted customer service to ask whether it would be included in an upgrade (in case from 30x to long-reads or higher coverage) but so far haven't received a reply.
Quote 0 0
Could some Dante Labs Mod clarify the situation? I recently analysed my 4x results on sequencing.com, and there DNA explorer showed some Mt DNA genes, but the description for WGS has indeed stopped including Mt DNA in the wording. https://forum.dantelabs.com/profile/7095895
Quote 0 0
An Update:
I downloaded the BAM File to my PC, and on analysing that with WGSExtract, it says that my MT DNA has definitely been sequenced, with Avg Read Depth of 996x!!!! read counts.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Randy H
Early Dante returns from the BGI lab had mtDNA handled separately and not included in the base FASTQ files.  It is actually more difficult to not include it during sequencing.  All recent 30x WGS tests include mitochondrial results in the FASTQ and BAM files.

There are multiple reasons the mitochondria will appear with a greater sequencing depth.  Mainly because there are many copies in the cell body as opposed to just one Y chromosome, for example.
Quote 1 0