NAN YI XIAO CHUO
Now Dante labs only has two genome-wide products. It seems that the error rate of long reads is too high.
Quote 0 0
Clare86
I had purchased an upgrade to their GenomeH product which included long reads. But they then said that Covid meant they were unable to get some of the materials they needed to do the long read sequencing so my order got cancelled. I am still waiting on them to sort out the refund.

The error rate for calling SNPs and Indels from long read sequencing is greater than for short read sequencing regardless of who is doing it. However long read sequencing is better for identifying larger structural variations and copy number variations. Hopefully another company will offer this testing at some point.
Quote 1 0
NAN YI XIAO CHUO
Clare86 wrote:
I had purchased an upgrade to their GenomeH product which included long reads. But they then said that Covid meant they were unable to get some of the materials they needed to do the long read sequencing so my order got cancelled. I am still waiting on them to sort out the refund.

The error rate for calling SNPs and Indels from long read sequencing is greater than for short read sequencing regardless of who is doing it. However long read sequencing is better for identifying larger structural variations and copy number variations. Hopefully another company will offer this testing at some point.

There are still many problems with nanopore long-reading technology, and the error rate is too high. Although multiple long-read tests can reduce errors, it is too expensive. It is too early for genome testing, and FGC's long-read whole genome is no longer sold. However, it is said that the problems of the nanopore long-reading test are constantly being solved, and it is believed that the whole genome and Y chromosome can be tested with nanopore long-reading soon.
Quote 0 0
NAN YI XIAO CHUO
https://www.dantelabs.com/products/hybrid-whole-genome?fbclid=IwAR2PdMVAJ4rHPvRBeXjOsuJqIbqv6S_Wa-NFThiIGoH4X9HwHvi-hrH0ZeY
Quote 0 0
Clare86
You really should add some explanation as to why you posted that link.

Also that page still existing doesn't mean that Dante are still offering the product. It more likely means that Dante failed to ensure they had properly removed that page from the live version of their site.
Quote 0 0
NAN YI XIAO CHUO
克莱尔86 wrote:
您确实应该添加一些关于您为什么发布该链接的解释。

同样,该页面仍然存在并不意味着Dante仍在提供该产品。这很可能意味着Dante无法确保从其实时版本中正确删除了该页面。

You are right. I sent this link because I think Dante labs will resume this product,Convenient to buy later.
Quote 0 0