augundohr
First of all congratulations to your Community Forum!

Do I remember correctly that there once was an announcement for a tool on your homepage to make an easy data transfer to YFull. What happened to this idea?

Regards
André
Quote 1 0
matt
That exists but for the moment (whilst it's still in testing and we build the necessary infrastructure to allow customers to run it from the genome manager) you can request a transfer by getting in touch with our customer service team at  contact@dantelabs.com
Quote 2 0
Petr
What data will be transferred to YFull? I think the best is ChrY+mtDNA in hg38 alignment?
Quote 1 0
matt
So for the moment Y+Mt GRCh37 BAM - we'll add GRCh38 support for customers who have requested realignments down the line
Quote 1 0
Petr
All Y trees (YFull, FTDNA, Ytree.net, FGC, YSEQ) are based on GRCh38 and even Ybrowse, the main authority, works with GRCh38 only, GRCh37 was abandoned several years ago.
Quote 2 0
solarius
matt wrote:
That exists but for the moment (whilst it's still in testing and we build the necessary infrastructure to allow customers to run it from the genome manager) you can request a transfer by getting in touch with our customer service team at  contact@dantelabs.com

Bumping this thread as this ought to be stickied.

This will save every YFull users a lot of time and effort.

I sent an email with a reference to this thread and my kit ID no. Within a day I got a reply with a unique link to order a new YFull analysis only applicable to said kit, it doesn't seem to be a link that can be found on YFull's own website.
YFull then does the rest

I was originally going to download my genome and install 3rd party software to extract Y chromosome data into a bam format and then upload this file to YFull.
Quote 0 0